Chiropractic Care Services & Shoulder Pain Treatment
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
Most upper body movements involve a person’s shoulders, which are made up of several joints, tendons, and muscles. When shoulders are functioning properly, they enable free movement of the arms, allowing a full range of motion that includes being able to reach above your head.
Shoulder pain can happen because of a wide range of problems with the joint, muscles, ligaments, or tendons. Injuries, strains, and overuse can result in issues like tendinitis, bursitis, and impingement syndrome. These conditions can cause pain and limit a person’s range of motion. In some instances, you may experience shoulder pain because of medical issues affecting other parts of your body, like heart or gallbladder disease. Cervical spine damage can also cause problems with the shoulder.
If you’re experiencing shoulder pain or a limited range of motion, you may benefit from shoulder pain treatment at Fidel Integrated Medical Solutions in Pikesville, MD. We provide integrated treatment options designed to give our patients pain relief and improved range of motion.
How Is Shoulder Pain Treated?
Shoulder pain can be extremely limiting, but there are many treatment options. At Fidel Integrated Medical Solutions, we carefully evaluate each patient before collaborating with them on a treatment plan. In addition to chiropractic adjustments and physical therapy, we may suggest trigger point injections, stretching exercises, or a combination of treatments. Our friendly, knowledgeable team is committed to helping each of our patients reduce their pain and improve their health. Contact us today for more information, or to schedule an appointment.
What Conditions Cause Shoulder Pain?
Many conditions can cause shoulder pain:
- Rotator Cuff Tears – One of the most common shoulder complaints, rotator cuff tears generally happen where the shoulder attaches to the shoulder blade. The damage can be caused by injury or age-related wear and tear. With rotator cuff tears, people often report pain when lifting objects or when trying to sleep at night.
- Tendinitis – Tendons can be overused or injured, and aging can take a toll as well. The resulting inflammation and irritation can cause tenderness and pain.
- Bursitis – Bursa are located inside your shoulder, and these fluid-filled sacs offer cushioning to the shoulder joint. Overuse, injury, and inflammation can cause the bursa to swell, become painful, and limit shoulder movement.
- Impingement Syndrome – The shoulder contains many moving parts, and in the case of impingement, these parts become constricted or abraded. The top of the shoulder blade, or acromion, rubs against tendons and bursa and can pinch the rotator cuff, causing sharp pain when arms are raised.
- Arthritis – This degenerative joint disease can cause cartilage degradation, alter the shape of bones, and cause inflammation, pain, stiffness, and restricted mobility. The most common form of arthritis is osteoarthritis, but other types of arthritis can also cause substantial issues.
- Frozen Shoulder – Most commonly caused by surgery or injury, a frozen shoulder severely limits overhead movement and causes pain. It’s also called adhesive capsulitis.
- Dislocation – If the shoulder is out of place, or dislocated, you will experience pain, weakness, and other discomfort like swelling and numbness.
- Referred Pain – When individuals have issues or disease in other parts of their body, the pain may show up in the shoulder. Referred pain usually doesn’t increase or decrease with shoulder movement.
When you visit Fidel Integrated Medical Solutions in Pikesville, MD, our team will do a thorough assessment of your shoulder pain and overall physical condition before recommending treatment. Our experienced, caring professionals believe personalized treatment plans offer the best chance for meaningful improvement.
Contact Fidel Integrated Medical Solutions
At Fidel Integrated Medical Solutions, we’ve been helping patients reduce their pain and increase their well-being since 1987. Our team of medical professionals provide pain relief treatment, chiropractic care services, massage therapy, physical therapy, nutrition services, medical weight loss, and other innovative treatments. Contact us today for more details on the treatments and therapy we offer.